BLIZ consists of 6 subprojects:
- Impacts of land use and climate change on terrestrial ecosystems and biodiversity (Anja Rammig and Wolfgang Weisser, TUM)
- Biodiversity tipping points in climate and land use change (Juliano Cabral, UW)
- Tipping points in limnic systems (Uta Raeder and Markus Hoffmann, TUM)
- Influence of climate change on land use and multifunctionality (Thomas Knoke and Johannes Sauer, TUM)
- Uncertainty and risk in system models on climate impacts in Bavaria – BayRisk (Florian Hartig, UR)
- Multifunctional rural areas in Bavaria in the context of climate change: Perception and evaluation of social-ecological transformations and acceptance of sustainable land use options (Perdita Pohle, FAU)
These subprojects are thematically interlinked and closely intertwined in terms of organisation.